Humansave is currently seeking dedicated and resilient professionals interested in gaining hours toward licensure. Our rigorous program involves providing mental health treatment for individuals, families, children, teens, and couples who are in their journey toward wellness and healing. Besides providing mental health treatment, interested associates will have the opportunity to facilitate presentations, learn document writing skills, attend relevant trainings, and connect with other professionals in the field.
Part-Time Internship for Pre-Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Conduct group and individual therapy sessions while earning BBS hours
- Earn advocacy hours while presenting, attending trainings, attending meetings
- Work with human trafficking and CSEC (commercial sexual exploitation of children) survivors and become an expert in the treatment of these populations
- 2 hour weekly group supervision by a licensed clinician, at no cost to you
- Flexible (but consistent) schedule
- Gain experience working with a nonprofit agency
- Attend specialized trainings to learn more about survivors and victims, as well as how to provide them with the most effective treatment.
- $18-20 per hour
***Must have BBS Intern Number at time of application***
- Must have completed a Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Must have a valid BBS intern number at the time of application
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with at-risk youth and adults
- Must commit to a minimum of 6 months
- Must be willing to drive 25 miles from primary residence
- Must be willing to maintain a caseload of at least 7 clients
- **Spanish bilingual is a plus**
- Will serve clients in Los Angeles, Orange, or San Bernardino Counties
- MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKLY GROUP SUPERVISION***Currently Saturdays 8am-10am***
We are a team of visionaries committed to a world where every human is entitled to freedom, and those who have suffered are given the care and support that they deserve in order to heal and live a fulfilled life.
Humansave is a nonprofit organization that provides specialized trauma informed, client-centered treatment to victims and survivors of human trafficking, violent crimes, and CSEC (commercial sexual exploitation of children) with the goal of helping them live a life of empowerment. Our clinical and administrative staff is trained not only on the basics of human trafficking and CSEC, but on how to provide effective, compassionate, and culturally and linguistically appropriate care to these individuals.
Humansave’s esteemed internship program is designed to provide interns with the skills necessary to transition from pre-licensed to licensed professionals. Our mission is to become the leading mental health service provider for human trafficking survivors —this means that our clinicians will be paving the way for others in the field in terms of the treatment and research of this population. We are looking for diligent individuals with an inherent curiosity that are genuinely interested in learning about human trafficking, and in treating these survivors and their families.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com
All applicants must also submit two letters of reference; at least one letter of reference must be from persons familiar with the applicant’s clinical work, preferably from direct clinical supervisors.